POWERINGSTEM IS A NON-PROFIT STRIVING TO ADVOCATE FOR INCREASED YOUTH PARTICIPATION IN STEM AND COMBAT DISPARITIES IN TECHNOLOGY & HEALTHCARE. THIS YEAR, POWERINGSTEM IS HOSTING AN ALL-INCLUSIVE VIRTUAL HACKATHON FOR HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGIATE CODERS OF ALL CODING BACKGROUNDS.THROUGH CODE AND COMMUNITY, OUR CORE MISSION IS TO CREATE AN ENVIRONMENT FOR THE WORLD'S BRIGHTEST THINKERS TO EMPOWER AND BE EMPOWERED, BUILDING THE BRIDGE TO A MORE INCLUSIVE FUTURE AND WE WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO BE A PART OF IT.
Non theme hacks are allowed as long as they solve some real world problem using technology but they will not be entered into the Best Theme Hack prize and only best overall hack.
Our Hackathon Theme IS: Sustainability
Project Submission Guidelines are :
- 2 minute video recording explaining your concept, (if it relates to theme and if so how), why it's helpful in today's world and what experiences/ lessons you've learned from creating it.
- link to code as Github repository.
Participants must follow ALL guidelines in order to have a chance at winning the $300+ cash prizes
$19,800 in prizes
Best Overall Hack
The project that scores the most point from judges will win a $200 gift card to store of their choice.
Best Theme Hack
The best hack adhering to theme will receive a $50 gift card
Most Creative Hack
The most creative hack overall will receive a $25 gift card!
All Participants Receive
URL sponsored by Google Registry,
1 year free of 1password,
quine startup building tools,
echo3d pro plan for a month,
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Co-Founder @ PoweringSTEM
Engineering Manager @ Microsoft
Head of Engineering @ Doordash
PHD student at Purdue
Technical Lead Manager (TLM) at Google
Data Scientist at SunPower
- Did this hack do something new or take a new approach to an old problem? How original is the concept of the hack?
-How well does the hack run? Does it run smoothly and do all of its features work? How well-designed is the hack?
- How practical or useful is this hack? Does it fulfil a real-world need?
- How well was this hack presented? Did the presentation explain the concept behind the hack well and make the hack more compelling?